Thursday, September 22, 2011

west virginia



I arrived in West Virginia two nights ago. I am here visiting my son and his family. My two granddaughters here are as gorgeous and delightful as ever and my daughter-in-law is ravishing. The flight out here from Reno, Nevada was not without its trials and tribulations but I made it and for that I am grateful. I am here for a month and then will return to Reno for my oldest grandson's thirteen birthday.
While I am here I hope to see more of West Virginia then in previous visits. Madison, where my son lives, is a small town but not without it's splendor. I hope to visit the town hall and the library. I love libraries, large and small. I am an avid reader and just love the smell of books, old and new, and the welcoming sound of a turning page. No Kindle for me, I want to feel the page and hear the crackle of paper. My son will be taking a week off from work so that we can take a weekend trip to tour the New River Gorge Bridge.
In the past I haven't posted as often as I would have liked but I hope to be consistent this time. I do hope I have a reader or two out there. I am hoping for some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment