Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friends

I have just realized that I have no friends. I have my grown children; but no friends. In my past, I would go out for a drink after work with one or two work associates or with one of my sisters-in-law, but, no friends. How can it be that I have lived fifty-five years and I am friendless. Oh, on her birthday and at Christmas I send a card to the woman that was my best friend in high school and a few years thereafter;but, that is it and we do not talk or email the rest of the year. I would like a friend. Someone to chat with, to tell things to; someone I don't have to fear will repeat my tails of splendor and woe. Someone to take long walks with on a sunny day or go to a movie with. The last movie I saw in a theatre was "Julie and Julia," and that was with my son, and it was at least five years ago. Are there others like me who wish for a friend and don't know the first thing about obtaining one, let alone keeping one?

No comments:

Post a Comment