Saturday, July 31, 2010

Get us out of this motel already!!!!!

Ten days in a motel have turned into two weeks and then some now. The RV should be ready to roll in the next week and we will be on the road again. We are heading south on California’s 101. We will pass through Santa Clara County and Monterey County before entering San Luis Obispo County to our next destination - Oceano Dunes (http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_oceano_dunes.htm ). This is the plan anyway. But, we all know that plans are made to go awry and so far our trip has been full of awrys.

Plans. Lao Tzu said: “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. It is not really the arriving I am intent upon but the travelling. I am not great at this waiting game. I am irritable. I am frustrated and stressed. I am bored. I want to move on. From how much of what is going on here right now I have not decided. Muslims believe in “patience, perseverance, and prayer.” They realize that so many others before us have suffered and had their faith tested and that we shall be tried and tested in this life too. Christians believe that we are never given more than we can handle. In Buddhism patience is one of the six perfections that form the foundation of one’s quest for enlightenment. I pray to my own higher power each morning and night for patience and each day I try to practice a bit of what I pray for.

No comments:

Post a Comment