Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

My wish on this New Year's day is to find a place to call home. Being homeless is hard, it is a constant struggle, emotionally, psychologically, and physically. As long as I was with Mike in the RV I felt safe, traveling from place to place, living in the moment. But then he relapsed and I was no longer safe and I we parted ways. Now, I am here with my daughter, her husband, and their six kids, sleeping on the floor of a friends house, trying in vain to be positive, checking rental lists everyday hoping to find something we can afford. As hard as I find it for myself it is so much harder for my daughter and her family. Her husband goes to work everyday hoping to make enough to pay for his transportation and to be able to put some away. The weather has made work harder to schedule but he keeps trying and taking whatever he can schedule. We drive the kids to school each morning and pick them up each afternoon because there is no school bus service in this district. I am flying to West Virginia in eleven days to visit my son and his family and to welcome the birth of his first child. I worry about when I am away from my daughter. I don't have a lot to offer her financially but I do try to support her and love her in any way I can. I pray every night that something happens to turn this around. 2010 was a year of struggles and I pray that in 2011 we can find a way to put those struggles behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment