Sunday, January 9, 2011

Leavin' on a jet plane




On Thursday, January 13, 2011, I am leaving for Madison, West Virginia to visit my son and his family and to welcome the birth of my new granddaughter. The baby, Noelle Olivia, is due January 26. The weather in Madison is frightful, cold, dry, harsh. Today the temperature is expected to reach 26 degrees. Since all of my winter clothes and boots are still in storage in Sacramento, I needed to find a few warm pieces of clothing to take with me and hoped that I could find a coat and a pair of boots. Toward this end, I went shopping at Ross, Macy's, and the thrift store. I found some jeans, a blouse, and a sweater-shawl at Ross; boots, a sweater, and slacks at Macy's; and a pair of slacks-with the tag still on-at the thrift store. I wasn't having much luck with a jacket until we spied a garage sale yesterday afternoon and found a down jacket, Jones New York, and talked the fellow down to $3. I could use a pair of gloves and possibly a hat but can do without them if I have to. I am ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. My bags are packed, got music on my iPOD, and books in my bag. I am ready to go; just waiting for the clock to move. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete